Project Glow has served its purpose in helping me learn PlayMaker and Unity's Mech Anim. It was a fun learning experience and time for me to move on to the next project! Stay Tuned!
This week I was able to program a few intractable items and one enemy. The "Bitworm" is featured it both screenshots above. Its the simplest enemy in the game and current just dies on contact. I also spent some time implementing more actions with Playmaker. The cool thing: The prototype, as it is now, has 0 scripts in it. Yep, it is all programmed using Playmaker actions and state transitions. I'm really loving this unity plug-in. I've been allowed to implement a bunch of basic functionality without any code clutter. In the past, I would have revamped the code base at least once to clean it up.
Below are the Unity Store assets I used to create Project Glow thus far:
Click here to play the prototype as it is right now!
So I skipped the update for week 1. Most of it was tool research and design documentation. It helped to at least have a focus for the project. I'm not going to spoil the story, but the synopsis is you play a digital rouge "program" who collects fragmented bits and bytes to build his systems up enough to challenge the evil within. That is enough to hint at things to expect on a high level. I have some pretty neat detailed plans to make it all work though, and I'm sure I'll have surprises even for myself before it all comes to an end.
This week I:
Pretty good week overall. I'll need to work on the animations a bit more to make those smoother before introducing more animations to blend and keep track of. I'll also need to finalize the character ability list so it doesn't get out of control. The first build of the overall game will not be too long. I'd like to keep it short and sweet just so I have a finished product. Then I'll determine if I want to spend more time adding more levels or moving on to the next project.